Heart is the most important element of our body. This is so because circulation of blood mainly depends upon the working of your heart. If it works well, all the functioning of the other parts of body remains good. Medical studies show that cardiovascular diseases are increasing with the passage of time and the role of diet is very important in this whole scenario. Our stressful life, unhealthy food consumption, less physical activities and no exercise are the key reasons that pave the way for cardiovascular diseases. But it is a matter of fact that if we only start eating healthy food, we can avoid so many heart diseases ultimately.
In India, people are also very conscious about the health of their hearts. A medical study was conducted and its findings revealed that if people consume healthy foods then they can avoid up to 70% of heart diseases. Here we are going to discuss some healthy Indian foods that are good for heart patients.
- Salmon: Salmon fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and these omega 3 fatty acids help to reduce the risk of irregular heartbeats. Use of salmon fish is recommended by the doctors and nutritionists because it restricts the buildup of plaque in our arteries.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are very beneficial for heart patients. It has been discovered that people who consume blueberries on regular basis, their bodies have less chances of heart attacks. Blueberries contain antioxidants and anthocyanins and these elements help to reduce the blood pressure. When your blood pressure is normal, your heart works very well.
- Oats: Oats is rich in fiber and its use is quite beneficial for heart patients. It helps to maintain the level of good cholesterol in your body. When we consume oats, it works as a sponge in our digestive tract. This sponge sucks the additional cholesterol and keeps our heart healthy.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolates are very good for our heart. It is said that if you consume dark chocolate on daily basis then you can avoid heart strokes easily. This is so because flavonoids are present in the dark chocolates that help to decrease the blood pressure of our body. It also helps to avoid inflammation and clotting in our bodies.
- Citrus fruits: Use of Citrus fruits is very beneficial for heart patients. According to a study, it was discovered that patients who use citrus fruits, they are less likely to develop severe heart diseases. Grape fruit and oranges are rich in vitamin C and these fruits help to control the blood pressure of heart patients.
- Soy: Heart patients must include the use of soy products in their diet plan. Soy products are the best way to include protein in your diet. They also help to reduce the blood pressure of your body. When blood pressure is in control, your heart works very well.
- Tomatoes: When we talk about tomatoes, they are rich in potassium. They are a rich source of anti-oxidants which help in maintaining your blood cholesterol. Moreover, tomatoes keep blood vessels open, therefore reducing risk of heart attack.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are rich in potassium which keeps your blood pressure in check. Potatoes are also abundant with fiber, it keeps you away from many heart issues.
- Veggies: Well as you know that veggies are good for overall health of body. Spinach, lettuce and radishes keep heart problems at bay. As fat content is low and fiber content is higher in vegetables, you should eat more leafy veggies to maintain health of your heart.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a great ingredient to keep your heart healthy. If you consume olive oil on daily basis, it lowers bad cholesterol as it contains monounsaturated fats which are good for health of your heart.
- Apples:They always say that an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Apples contain anti-inflammatory properties with quercetin being the main ingredient which stops blood from forming clots. So, to keep your heart healthy, you should eat an apple a day.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate contains many anti-oxidants which includes anthocyanins and polyphenols elements. These elements prevent arteries from getting harder. Pomegranate also helps in producing fresh blood so heart patients must consume pomegranate regularly.
- Lentils: Lentils are a good source of protein but they do not contain any unhealthy fats which may found in other form of proteins. People who consume more lentils have almost 22% of lower chances of getting heart diseases.
- Nuts: Nuts are good source of Vitamin E whether it is walnuts, peanuts, almonds or pistachios. Omega 3 fatty acids are also found in nuts which keeps your heart healthy.
- Avocado: Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats which keeps your heart risk free from any disease. So you should consume avocado on regular basis to make most of its advantages.
So, it is very important that you eat all these foods to keep your heart healthy so that your arteries do not get hardened, your blood does not form clots and your heart remains fit and healthy for long period of time.