Cardio Vascular term is generally referred to a group of diseases that are related to the heart or blood vessels. Cardio vascular disease or heart disease has become a leading cause of death among people. According to the survey of an international health institution, death rate due to this disease will be increased by the end of 2030. This is an alarming situation. Another important fact about this disease is that it affects the men and women equally. There are so many types of this disease. Here we will describe main types which are as follows,
- Coronary heart disease: When the supply of oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscle gets affected, this disease takes place. Actually, fatty deposits are the main reason behind this disease. These fatty deposits start to build up on the walls of our heart and these walls are thick enough with the passage of time. So it retards the flow of blood to the heart vessels. In this situation, there is a huge pressure on heart. And this situation leads towards angina, heart failure and heart attacks. This is a very serious condition that needs urgent attention otherwise the situation can be critical.
- Heart Attack: This is also known with the name of Myocardial infarction or MI. This condition of heart attack appears when the flow of blood to the heart is actually reduced to a great extent or in other words it is totally cut off. Coronary arteries can be narrowed due to the multiple reasons like cholesterol, fat or due to some other substance. Collectively they are known as plaque. In actual, a blood clot forms around this plaque that blocks the blood flow. This situation leads towards the heart attack.
- Arrhythmia: This condition is generally known for the abnormal heart beat. Although change in heart beat is a common phenomenon that is experienced by every person. But if it gets too fast or too slow then there is a need to pay attention to this problem. When the heart beat is not normal, heart becomes unable to pump blood to the brain, lungs and other organs effectively. This condition can lead our body towards some damage.
- Heart Failure: Many people think that heart failure means the heart is dead or no longer in use. This is wrong. Heart failure is generally referred to a condition in which heart becomes too weak and finds it hard to pump the blood properly. Supply of blood and oxygen from heart to other organs gets too slow and results in shortage of breath. This shortage of breath causes heart failure.
- Peripheral Artery Disease: This type of vascular disease occurs when fats or cholesterol start to deposit in peripheral arteries. Peripheral arteries are the blood vessels that are located outside our heart. This deposit narrows the blood walls and restricts the amount of blood flow to the tissues of the body. Nature of the disease depends on the arteries where this blockage occurs. It can lead towards heart attack, stroke, artery disease or any other serious conditions.
- Congenital Heart defects:These are the heart defects that are found in the body at the time of birth. These defects have an ability to develop as the heart develops. These defects generally develop when the baby is in the womb. These defects can occur due to many reasons like some medical conditions, genes and medication can play a role in causing these defects. But it is a matter of fact that they can even develop in adults too.
Symptoms of Cardiovascular disease:
The most common symptoms of this cardio vascular disease are as follows,
- Chest pain, chest pressure or chest tightness.
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in neck, jaw, back and upper abdomen
- High or low heart beat
- Swelling in lungs, near eyes or abdomen.
- Extremely tired
- Sometimes fever
- Use of drugs
- High blood pressure
When there is a need to consult a doctor?
If you are experiencing these three problems then there is a need to meet a doctor on urgent basis.
- Congestion or high chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Nature of treatment depends upon the nature of disease. But in case of early detection it becomes easy to treat the cardio vascular problems. Whenever you feel that there is something wrong with you, you must visit your doctor. Early detection can save you from heart failure or heart stroke that can prove quite fatal in case of negligence.