Body Mass Index is a tool that is used to measure body fat or obesity in other words. It is a weight to height ratio and if your BMI lies in a normal range, it means that you have a healthy life style. People who have more BMI, their bodies are more likely to develop various diseases. A study revealed the fact that if there is an increase of 5 points in BMI then the chances of human deaths get increased up to 31%. You can call it a wellness tool that helps to let you know about your health condition. Doctors also consider this tool while treating the health problems of their patients.
It is a matter of fact that if you want to stay healthy, you must maintain your Body Mass Index. People who maintain their Body Mass Index, they can avoid so many health risks. So people need to maintain their BPI due to the following reasons,
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases: It is a matter of fact that people who maintain their BMI, their chances of having heart diseases are very less. On the other hand, people who have fatty bodies, they generally become the patient of cardiovascular diseases. So it is necessary to maintain your BMI to avoid the risk of heart diseases.
- Helps to reduce some types of cancers: BMI helps to reduce some specific types of cancer. When your weight is high as compare to your ideal body weight, your body does not respond in the way it should be. So this situation leads towards the development of certain types of cancer.
- Diabetes: People need to maintain their BMI, if they do not want to become the victim of diabetes. Diabetes is a trending issue of modern world. Diabetes is a silent killer. It affects your body slowly and in the end damages are immeasurable.
- Back pain: Obesity is called the mother of all body ailments. When you have a fatty body, you cannot perform your tasks appropriately. You cannot bend your body properly and obesity restricts your many routine activities. This situation leads towards back pain. So it is necessary to maintain your BMI to avoid the problem of back pain.
- Confidence: People having an ideal BMI are more confident as compare to the fatty people. This is so because they can move easily in society by wearing trendy outfits. There are no limitations for them. People do not make fun of them. On the contrary, overweight people are often shy and they try to avoid gatherings. An ideal BMI provides you confidence and increases your self-esteem.
- Stroke: Obesity paves way for stroke. People who are overweight, they cannot perform their routine tasks in the way they must be performed. When your body remains inactive, more and more fats start to deposit in your body. Cholesterol level gets high and ultimately the chances of strokes increased to a great extent.
Tips for ideal BMI:
You can follow some useful tips to have an ideal BMI. These are as follows,
- Exercise on a daily basis
- Intake of healthy food
- Consumption of more fruits and vegetables
- Less intake of alcohol
- Check your weight after regular intervals to know the changes in your body
- Try to adopt a healthy life style
- Have enough sleep
- Consumption of 8 to 10 glass of water in a day is quite beneficial
Body Mass Index is a tool that helps you to know your ideal weight. So if you want to stay healthy and happy in your life then you should maintain your BMI. It saves you from so many diseases. Not only the adults but also the children can suffer so many problems in case of high BMI. So love your life and try to adopt a healthy life style. A good BMI definitely adds years to your life.